Holistic and naturopathic medicine emphasizes disease prevention and the promotion of optimal health through more natural sources. Naturopaths & Holistic Treatment Practitioners aim to remove the source/cause of disease, rather than just treating the symptoms of disease. In addition to just wanting to improve your overall health and wellness, specific treatments are available for injury rehabilitation, pain reduction, relief of stress, anxiety and other issues.
Popular Holistic Treatments
Holistic treatments are complimentary to each other - practitioners of these modalities often work very closely with the others - many of the local wellness clinics offer two or more of these therapies. Holistic therapies don't mean the exclusion of conventional medicine, but serve as a compliment to those practices.
Acupuncture - A form of traditional Chinese medicine, based on the theory that energy, called 'chi', flows through and around your body along pathways. Acupuncture works on the belief that illness occurs when something blocks or unbalances your chi - acupuncture is a way to put your energy back in balance.
Chiropractic Treatment - Treatment goals with chiropractors could be any number of things, but most will seek out the services of a Chiropractor for assistance with acute and chronic pain, rehabilitation after an injury or surgery, and prevention of future health issues. Treatment is non-invasive and precise.
Massage Therapy - Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) treat clients by touch, manipulating the muscles and other soft tissue to relieve pain, stress, increase relaxation, increase circulation and help in general wellness.
Physiotherapy - Treatment goals of physiotherapy are to help individuals that might be having some difficulties because of surgery, injury, illness or disability. Physiotherapists help through exercise and movement, therapy and education.
- Balanced Chiropractic - Wellness clinic offering Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Naturopathy and Massage Therapy.
- Body TX Massage and Health - Featuring Massage Therapy and Acupuncture.
- Fort Saskatchewan Acupuncture - Acupuncture, Massage Therapy and Chinese herbal therapies.
- Fort Saskatchewan Chiropractic Clinic
- Fort Sask Massage - Independent RMT.
- Pinder Chiropractic
- Pivotal Physiotherapy - Physiotherapy team and RMTs.
- Zimmerman Chiropractic
- Acupuncture Care Holistic Centre - Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, Massage Therapy and detox.
- All Deep Massage - Massage Therapy & Acupuncture.
- Athlete's Choice Massage - RMTs each specializing in different modalities, including Osteopathy.
- Baseline Chiropractic & Wellness
- Brentwood Chiropractic Clinic
- Core Wellness & Chiropractic
- Full Spectrum Chiropractic
- Genesis Health and Acupuncture - Home based, offering Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine and Reiki.
- JH Massage Therapy - Independent RMT.
- Hyacinth Heals - Dedicated to Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine.
- Linford Chiropractic
- Massage Addict - Massage Therapy and Reflexology.
- Muscle Elements Health and Wellness - Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Naturopathy and Osteopathy.
- Park Place Chiropractic
- Ren Massage & Wellness - Wellness clinic - Massage Therapy, Physio, Orthopedic, Shockwave and more.
- Refresh Health & Wellness - Wellness clinic - Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy and Spinal Decompression.
- Serenity Now Massage - Clinic with several RMTs, offering Massage Therapy, Reflexology and other modalities.
- Sherwood Chiropractic Centre
- Tailor Made Wellness Clinic
- The Art of Harmony - Acupuncture and Myofascial Massage.
- The Garden Acupuncture and Holistic Centre - Acupuncture, Apothecary, Reiki, Herbal Consults and Cleansing.
- Vitality Massage - Team of Massage Therapists focused on therapeutic treatments.
Links to learn more -
- Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors
- Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association of Alberta
- College and Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta
- College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta
All photos are copyright @ explorestrathconacounty.com or used with permission. Please get in touch for purchase or permission to use.