Art is something that makes you breathe with a different kind of happiness. - Anni Albers
Workshops & Groups
- Arts & Culture Council of Strathcona County [Sherwood Park] Works to promote arts & culture in the community
- Art Society of Strathcona County [Sherwood Park] A group of local artists, with a studio and gallery at the A.J. Ottewell Centre
- Festival Place Cultural Arts Foundation [Sherwood Park] Advocating for performing and visual arts in Strathcona County
- Smeltzer House Centre for Arts & Culture [Sherwood Park] Offering pottery, stained glass, drawing and other various arts
- Writer's Foundation of Strathcona County [Sherwood Park] Supporting local writers of any age at any stage of their writing career
We have two to choose from - Sherwood Park Cineplex and Fort Cinema. Fort Cinema has recently upgraded some of their seating to VIP and is now licensed. Rumor has it that Sherwood Park Cineplex will also be following suit and providing a higher end VIP experience for those who want it.
Concerts and Fine Arts Performances
*Covid-19 has all performances postponed or cancelled. Check with the venue.
- Cafe Series @ Festival Place [Sherwood Park] From September - June, on at least one weekend evening every month, a local emerging or established artist will entertain you in an intimate cafe setting.
- Patio Series @ Festival Place [Sherwood Park] Every Wednesday evening in July & August, rain or shine, enjoy two different acts, some adult beverages and the BBQ!
- Festival Place - [Sherwood Park] Multi-use centre for the arts, cultural and family events located in the heart of Sherwood Park.
- Shell Theatre - [Fort Saskatchewan] Located at the Dow Centre, the Shell Theatre offers comedy acts, dramas, musicals, concerts, family events and other performances. Fully equipped modern venue with seating for up to 500 people.
All photos are copyright @explorestrathconacounty.com or have been used with permission. Please get in touch for permission to use. Page sponsorships available - read more.