It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
The happiest of hours, where you can drink & eat on the cheap. It used to be that only the after-work crowd got to enjoy happy hour specials, today the specials are often and varied. "Reverse happy hour" for the after 9 pm crowd during the week is now a thing, in case you haven't been out in a while. We've compiled a few of our favourites here for you, and why we think they're great.
A few of our favourites...
- Average Joe's - AJ's as its known to locals, is a Sherwood Park staple. It is THE sports bar in Sherwood Park - if/when the Oilers ever make the playoffs, arrive early to get a table. Popular with Monday night football fans - make sure to wear your team's colours. Varying specials throughout the week - we're big fans of their steak bites. One of the best patios in Sherwood Park, if you like fun.
- Bear's Den - Located downtown Fort Saskatchewan, the Bear's Den is Fort Saskatchewan's sports bar. Specials vary daily, food is good (albeit typical bar fare), they have lots of pool tables and you might even bump into some live music.
- Brown's Social House - Sherwood Park - one of the best Caesar's in the park, in our opinion - fish & chips & a couple other great value meals on special during the happiest of hours. Great food!
- Caffrey's - On Wye Road in Sherwood Park is known for its daily specials, including Wing Wednesday (45 cents!) but totally famous around these parts for 'Free Loader Friday', a free tapas buffet from 6 - 7 pm! Great place to catch live music, too!
- Canadian Brewhouse - Fort Saskatchewan & Sherwood Park. The food is always great, the service is typically good and they have great events and daily specials. Sports fans enjoy the multitude of screens and the impatient love the call buttons for servers.
- Local - in Sherwood Park is a totally fun place to hang out. They have shuffle board, bean bag toss and even bocce ball. Good food, great service and in the running for best patio in the Park. Kids are welcome, which may or may not work into your plans.
- Oscar's Pub - An old school pub in Sherwood Park, they've been here a long time. Appy hour...select appies for $2 from 3 - 7 pm. It's always very friendly and the drinks are always cheap. Dart boards and often live music. Daily specials.
- Polos Social Lounge - Located in the Hampton Inn in Sherwood Park (Emerald Hills). A little more upscale lounge, it's a nice place to gather, typically an older crowd. Polos Happy Hour.
- Vicky's Bistro - One of our favourite restaurants! Featuring delicious Greek fusion, lovely decor, and a lively atmosphere in the heart of Sherwood Park. A great place to share a tasty morsel and some wine after work.
- Vivo in the Park - this is a beautiful new Italian restaurant in Sherwood Park. Discounted appies...wine...what more could you ask for? Stay for dinner at the Chef's Counter.
Are we missing your favourite? Please let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
All photos are copyright @ explorestrathconacounty.com or used with permission. Please get in touch for purchase or permission to use.