Gardening...cheaper than therapy...
...and you get tomatoes.
We have some excellent greenhouses. Scattered throughout the region, they range from beautiful boutiques to no-nonsense growers of bedding plants.
- Ardrossan Greenhouses and Garden Centre - "Home of beautiful plants".
- Aspen Ridge Greenhouses - Seasonal greenhouse with lots of creative baskets! Just south of Wye Road, off Highway 21.
- Country Road Greenhouses - Closed permanently at the end of 2019 season. 🙁
- Estate Gardens Greenhouse - Seasonal rural greenhouse, specializing in custom orders of baskets & containers.
- Greenland Garden Centre - One of the largest in the region, a variety of high-end products and services.
- Hastings Lake Gardens - Greenhouse & weddings! Seasonal greenhouse, about 25 minute drive from Sherwood Park.
- Salisbury Greenhouse - One of the largest in the region, hosts a Farmer's Market and has a super fun garden boutique.
- South Cooking Lake Greenhouses - "City Selection, Country Prices"...seasonal greenhouse with great selection & fantastic prices.
- Theil’s Greenhouse - Greenhouse in Bruderheim, they offer a satellite location in Fort Saskatchewan during peak season.
- Wallish Greenhouses - Seasonal greenhouse, just north of Highway 16. They specialize in local plants that will thrive.
Tree farms are awesome little places to get your bigger landscaping plants from…not only is it environmentally friendly to shop directly from a tree farm (shop local rather than shipping to another site), they usually offer specialty services specific to trees and shrubs. If you are lacking the expertise to decide which tree, when to plant, how to plant, etcetera, then it’s certainly worth considering using a tree farm!
Local Tree Farms:
Community gardens are a beautiful thing! These collaborative spaces are often utilizing unused areas to grow food, fresh healthy produce for very little cost. They rely on the support and participation of the community and are accessible to everyone.