Let's do Brunch!
What's not to love about an amazing meal spent with friends and/or family to kick start your day?!? We have wonderful national chains & franchises like Cora and Tutti Frutti, Albert's, Denny's and the like...they're easy to find. We've tried to select our more unique independently owned joints and some of them are a little off the beaten track.
*COVID-19 is changing all of our best-laid plans. The situation is very fluid - we're working hard to keep these pages updated, but it is best to phone the restaurant ahead to confirm. Buffets in Alberta are currently restricted under public health guidelines, but there are still some great brunch choices.
If you're in the mood for something delicious...
..here are a few of our local favourites.
- Branches - Lovely little upscale bistro in the heart of Greenland Garden Centre, Sherwood Park.
- Clark's Restaurant - Unpretentious local eatery in Sherwood Park - it's been around forever, that should say something.
- Country Roads Restaurant - Local treasure to rural Strathcona County & popular truck stop along Highway 16.
- Eat Clean Grill - Sherwood Park franchise store that features a few healthy selections for breakfast fare.
- Eggcellent P'eats - Modest little eatery downtown Fort Saskatchewan, it's a local well-loved gem.
- Headquarters Restaurant and Bar - Classic breakfast fare near Festival Place in Sherwood Park. Great central location.
- Highway 21 Restaurant - Traditional truck stop greasy spoon, south of Sherwood Park on highway 21.
- La Mesa Grill - Formerly Eggs & Co, located in the Brandt Hotel, Fort Saskatchewan, featuring great value breakfast specials.
- Polos - Featuring brunch on the weekends, nice establishment in the Hampton Inn in Sherwood Park.
- The Atlantic Kitchen - East Coasters rejoice! They have fried bologna on the menu here. Downtown Fort Saskatchewan.
- Toast Breakfast and Lunch- Fantastic addition to the Sherwood Park eating scene, we highly recommend.
Starbucks, Tim Horton's and Second Cup franchises are scattered through most of our neighborhoods and of course we love them...you will never have to go very far to find one if you're in Sherwood Park or Fort Saskatchewan. In addition to those classic national favourites, we have some unique local gems that are definitely worth checking out.
Great Local Coffee Shops
- Cafe Bench - located in Fort Saskatchewan's Stars Inn and Suites, the new cafe is receiving rave reviews from its patrons.
- Cafe Haven - A little cafe and bistro with a pretty active social scene. From open mic nights to Wednesday Wine and weekend brunch, there is certainly more to this place than meets the eye! Lots of seating, great place to sit back with a book or studying.
- Common Ground Community Cafe - A volunteer run, non-profit community cafe in Sherwood Park. Amazing volunteer and community spirit - top it up with great coffee, delicious food and open mic nights...it's a terrific place to spend some time.
- Roasti Coffee Co. - Newer on the Sherwood Park coffee shop scene, Roasti was established as a coffee roastery in 2016. We're not sure if "roastery" is actually a word or if they coined the phrase, but we're in love with them, either way. They've built a great reputation in the capital region and the new coffee bar is being tremendously well-received by local coffee connoisseurs.