Farm Fresh Food...
...and other food producers.
Strathcona County has deep roots in agriculture and remains home to some world-class food producers. When you shop local, not only are you feeding your family the freshest food possible, you are supporting your neighbors and the people that help you make this community great.
Peak market season is summertime, of course, but we have some local year-round markets. We've listed the larger markets in the region, some of the hamlets also organize seasonal markets. Farmer's markets sell everything from locally grown produce to unique crafts and gourmet delicacies. Everything is homegrown or homemade.
In light of Covid-19, some of the markets are going to look and feel a little different this year, the times might change and they're starting a little later in the season. Most should be up and running by June, but check first before you make the trip. We'll try to keep this page as current as possible, but it is a very fluid situation. Our apologies for any errors.
Local Food Producers
Concerned about chemicals, what’s IN your food and what you’re feeding your family? Then there is no better way to shop than straight from local food producers. Besides supporting your local farmers, buying your food locally makes sense for the economy, for the ultimate freshness and it’s better for the environment
- Beanstalk Honey [North Cooking Lake]
- Beaver Creek Honey [Strathcona County] Unpasteurized honey, beeswax and related products.
- Hanneman Honey [Fort Saskatchewan] Regular & flavoured honey.
- Oldman Creek Apiary [Sherwood Park] Pre-orders available.
- Rosie’s Natural Honey [Sherwood Park] Honey, beeswax and cosmetics.
Meat & Protein Suppliers
- Butcher Block & Smokehouse [Sherwood Park] Local butcher, offering locally sourced meat.
- Charlie's Place [Sherwood Park] Family-run meat shop & catering company using locally sourced proteins.
- Fin's Select Meats & Seafood [Sherwood Park] Obviously, the seafood is shipped in, but the beef is local.
- Kastelen Sausage & Fine Meats [Ardrossan] Custom curing and processing, specializing in sausage.
- Feather & Hill Farm [Strathcona County] A CSA - you become an active participant by paying money for a share in the farm's bounty.
- Northline Farms [Strathcona County] Fruit, veggies, flowers and herbs.
- Pumpkin Hill Farm [Strathcona County] Seasonal veggie boxes, pumpkins and squash.
- Signature Mushrooms [Ardrossan] Well, they sell mushrooms, of course. Totally organic.
- Caught in the Cookie Jar [Fort Saskatchewan] COOKIES! The most delicious gifts or take home delights.
- Choclination [Sherwood Park] Homemade chocolates (including sugar or gluten-free!) and gifts.
- Confetti Sweets [Sherwood Park] "Totally awesome cookies" is their motto!
- Jacek Chocolate Couture [Sherwood Park] Designer of fine, fashionable chocolate.
- The Cotton Candy Shoppe [Fort Saskatchewan] Premier cotton candy maker.
- Wow! Factor Desserts [Sherwood Park] Mouth-watering desserts, retail & wholesale. Established in 1982.
What happens to grapes when you step on them? They wine.
Orchards, Wineries and U-Picks
Strathcona County has ‘berry’ delicious opportunities to pick your own fruit, enjoy a winery tour or even plan some events in a pretty little orchard.
- Attracted to Apples - U-Pick apples near Fort Saskatchewan
- Barr Estate Winery - Winery tours & tastings (by appointment) just south of Highway 14, near Sherwood Park
- Boreal Harvest Farm - Honeyberries and U-pick Christmas trees. Just north of Highway 16, near Elk Island National Park
- Creekside Berry Farm - U-Pick berries, just north of Greenland Garden Centre on the north side of Highway 16
- Prairie Berry Farm - U-Pick berries, just north of Highway 14, between South Cooking Lake & Hastings Lake
- The Berry Farm - Berries, jams and strawberry plants for sale in Colchester. Some U-Pick is available, as are seasonal products.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Try these great sites...
- Local County. Connecting Local (Alberta) Producers with Local Buyers.
- The Organic Box. Delivering Alberta & BC's organic products to your door.
Are we missing your business?
Basic listings are FREE for food producers in Strathcona County, Sherwood Park & Fort Saskatchewan. Page sponsorship is also available! Phone Jennifer 780-995-7394 or Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
All photos are copyright @explorestrathconacounty.com or have been used with permission. Please get in touch for purchase or permission to use.