Swim, Skate & Recreation Centres
Feel the need to go for a swim or play in a splash park on a hot summer’s day? Or find a place for a terrific work out or drop in class? Or go for a pick up hockey game with the kids in the winter? You’ve come to the right page. These are all public facilities, so most of the amenities are pretty great with thoughtful features added in for all families. If you need more details on accessibility options, click on the links.
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre - Emerald Hills is a super modern building, and while it was designed with a more competitive swimmer in mind, there are opportunities for leisure swimmers. Located within Emerald Hills Regional Park in Sherwood Park, you can also enjoy the walking paths around the park, take in a high school game of football or walk across the street for some terrific shops and restaurants.
- Harbour Pool - The pool offers a diving area, Tarzan ropes & other play opportunities. It is a well-loved recreation resource in the City of Fort Saskatchewan.
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre -Kids love the place with its dive tank, Tarzan rope and water slide. Built in 1975, the building was reto-fitted, so it is missing some modern amenities, but offers a great value.
- Millennium Place - Featuring a wave pool, lap pool, picnic area, playground and a lazy river! Modern facilities with other options for family adventure. Adults can go work out while kids are swimming. Teenagers can go hang out at the neighboring skatepark. Millennium Place is a well-loved treasure in the community and typically quite busy.
Splash Parks & Spray Decks
Spray parks don't usually have websites, but we've added links when we could find them. You should be able to find all these spots on Google Maps.
Skating Spots - Indoor Arenas
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex (Ardrossan)
- Broadmoor Arena (Sherwood Park)
- Dow Centennial Centre (Fort Saskatchewan)
- Glen Allan Recreation Complex (Sherwood Park)
- Jubilee Recreation Centre Arena (Fort Saskatchewan)
- Millennium Place (Sherwood Park)
- Moyer Recreation Centre (Josephburg)
- Sherwood Park Arena (Sherwood Park)
- Sportsplex Arena (Fort Saskatchewan)
- Strathcona Olympiette Centre (Fultonvale)
Outdoor Rinks & Skate Ponds
"Snowbank" rink means it is non-boarded. Many of the outdoor rinks have rink shacks (change rooms, etc.) available; most "snowbank rinks" do not.
McGhan Park and Mills Haven Outdoor Rinks have lights to 10 pm.
- Brentwood Outdoor Rink
- Kinsmen Park Outdoor Rink
- Sherwood Heights Outdoor Rink
- Strathcona Athletic Park Outdoor Rink
- Clover Bar Ranch Snowbank Rink
- Davidson Creek Snowbank Rink
- Fountain Creek Park Snowbank Rink
- Heritage Hills Snowbank Rink
- McPherson Park Snowbank Rink
- Rainbow Park Snowbank Rink
Rural Outdoor Rinks
- Deville/North Cooking Lake
- Collingwood Cove
Rural Snowbank Rinks
- Colchester School
- Hastings Lake (Community Hall)
- South Cooking Lake
- Cowan Skating Pathway at Emerald Hills Regional Park - Sherwood Park
- Sin Bin Skating Track at Broadmoor Lake Park - Sherwood Park
- South Cooking Lake Skating Pathway - South Cooking Lake
All photos are copyright @ explorestrathconacounty.com. Please get in touch for purchase or permission to use.