Keep your money circling the neighborhood!
Our communities are home to some clever entrepreneurs, creative artisans, talented restauranteurs and dedicated food producers. Show them some love and spend your money right here. Do you really want to know what's in your food? Do you really want to save the planet? Do you want to keep those great shops & restaurants? Shop local.
Local Business Networks
If you're a small business owner, one avenue worth exploring to grow your business is to get connected. Local Chambers of Commerce are usually awesome (ours certainly are!), they are in the business of promoting local business, influencing government where required and creating opportunities for businesses to flourish.
There are other networking groups also worthy of consideration, of course - here are some of our local favourites, with links to their websites.
- Business Network International
- Fort Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Saskatchewan Downtown Business Council
- Sherwood Park Chamber of Commerce
- Sherwood Park Womanition Connect Group
Other Business Resources
- Business Link - Alberta's non-profit resource set up to help entrepreneurs get started. Navigated the system can feel overwhelming - Business Link will guide you through all of the steps. Free workshops and so much more.
- Community Futures, Elk Island Region - Non-profit, community driven organization providing small business services and business management tools. Get connected with skills, financing and other resources.
- Strathcona County Economic Development & Tourism - We're very fortunate to have this really talented and passionate team working to remove roadblocks and encourage business development. Learn more about your industry here!
Why don't kittens like going to the mall? They prefer a cat-alogue.
All photos are copyright @ explorestrathconacounty.com, or used with permission. Please get in touch for permission to use.